- Go to http://caccasci.picturk.com.
- Click Sign In/Up.
- If you would like to create a new Picturk only account, click on the Picturk box.
(If you would like to sign in through one of your social accounts (i.e. Facebook, Google, Hotmail) just click the box for that account. Be sure to use an account that has your name as the account ID so that we will know who you are.)
- To create an account, click the ‘Click Here’ on the left side of the page in the text area.
- - Enter your First Name.
- - Enter your Last Name.
- - Enter your email address.
- - Enter a password.
- - Click the check box for ‘I have read and understand the Picturk terms and conditions’.
- - Click ‘Create a Picturk Account’
- The site will accept your account and go to a page where it will let you request to join the group ‘CACCA Special Category Images’.
- Click ‘Become a Member of CACCA Special Category Images’.
- I will approve your request shortly (certainly within 24 hrs.).
- After you are approved, you will be able to go to the ‘CACCA Special Category Images’ group.
- Select the current active competition on the main page (i.e. SCI – Planes, Trains, and Busses).
- Click on ‘Enter Competition’. (If some or all of the images on this completion gallery page are not visible, click on the ‘Fit’ button at the bottom of the page.)
- You will be able to enter up to four images; one at a time. The images will show up in the gallery as you enter them.
- - Find the image on your computer and select it.
- - Enter the Caption for the image. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE CAPTION. We will know the maker by the account.
- - Images must be sized as standard CACCA DPI – maximum 1024 wide and maximum 768 high. The platform will accept smaller images, but these are the images the judges will see.
- After the closing date, the judges will be able to go to the site and assign a score to each image. The scoring system is from 0-99, so we will treat them as having a decimal (0-9.9) and be able to score partial points (i.e. 7.5 or 8.2).
- When the judging is complete, the scores and honors will show on the images on the ‘competition gallery’ page.
Some follow up notes:
- Note that the dates are European. dd/mm/yyyy, not mm/dd/yyyy. October 12, 2013 is 12/10/13.
- If you click on an image to enlarge it and you have problems getting the large image, click the browser refresh.
- Each person will need a separate email.
- All members will be 'Intermediate' at this time.
I expect some hiccups and problems with the start up, so bear with me. I will send out any problems/solutions as I see them.
Chair, CACCA Special Category Images (SCI)